How to set the Default screen scheme as default for new projects?

Malte Redmann December 5, 2022

I have the problem that the default screen scheme isn't set as default for new projects. Instead jira is producing a new scheme for every project I set up automatically. 

How can I change this? 

Thanks for your answers in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2022

Hi @Malte Redmann , this is normal behaviour (as designed).

When you create a new project from scratch (without shared settings), new schemes will be created.

You can create a project template with the Default screen scheme as default and then create new project from that template with 'Share settings with an existing project' checked.

Malte Redmann December 9, 2022

Hi Dave, 

thanks for your reply!

So, there is no possibility to just set this specific Scheme as default, like you can do it f.e. for the Permission scheme ?

I have to set up a "default project" where all the default schemes are in it, which I want to use as default for further projects?

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2022

Hi Malte,

When you create a new project without shared settings:

• A new Issue type scheme will be created
  • A new Workflow scheme will be created
  • A new Issue type screen scheme will be created
  • The System Default Field Configuration scheme will be associated
  • A new Permission scheme will be created
  • The Default Notification Scheme will be associated
  • No Issue security scheme will be created

So yes, you need to create a Default Project with all the default schemes and then create a new project with the option 'Share settings with an existing project' and choose that Default Project as "template".

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events