Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to remove Jira add-in from Excel

Hello,

I cannot remove Jira add-in from online Excel, it opens each time sheet is refreshed.

I have deinstalled it but it opening each time page is refreshed it is really annoying for the whole team.

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 11.51.12.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-13 at 11.50.52.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-13 at 11.50.35.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-13 at 11.50.15.png

I'm not the only user with this issue

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/remove-jira-plugin/d8149609-2cd6-470f-87c8-ab05fcadfec3

https://www.reddit.com/r/excel/comments/j7vf0s/how_to_remove_jira_addin_from_excel/

Please advise

Regards,

Milica

1 answer

Hi @Milica Popovic  In Excel online, there is no option to disable or enable plugin. You need to check with your Messaging team or IT team who is the Admin of O365. 

FOr disabling addon from excel , first open Desktop App or Click Open in Desktop App , Click Files >> Options >> Addin >> Select COM- Addon >> Untick JIRA addon . If not able to see JIRA addon in Com-addin then select excel addon >> unticket jira addon.

Thanks,

Vikrant Yadav

Hello @Vikrant Yadav ,

Thank you for your advice, unfortunately IT department notify me that they cannot remove addon. 

Unfortunately the since the Addons were enabled by your end it can only be disabled from your end, IT doesn't have rights to do that

We do not see anything about that option

This makes sense to me, as I was the one who added this addin. 

Expectation is that I can also remove it, if I could add it.

I have downloaded file locally and still has a issue with popup.

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 11.26.15.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 11.26.42.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 11.21.29.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-14 at 11.20.40.png

Your addon attached itself for the file and it cannot be destroyed.

This file is important for my team, used frequently during the day, by more than ten people and they all experience the popup issue. 

Please advise on next steps

Hi @Milica Popovic  If the Addin is installed then it must be visible under My Addin.

Click Insert >> Select My Addins. If JIRA Cloud for Excel is visible. Click three dots and select Remove. 

If not visible in my addins >> Then first click Trust this Addin then follow the steps mentioned above. 

First Login O365 account and then in new tab open following URL, it's is showing Get it Now, it means plugin is not installed. 

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/office/WA200000556?tab=Overview

Office Addin.PNG

No resolution, issue is still present

Here is screen share video where all steps are followed.

https://we.tl/t-zP5azwcBZl

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM June Challenge #2: Share how your business teams became ITSM rockstars

For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...

244 views 7 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you