How to migrate a jira project ?

jeevan August 14, 2022

Hai,

I am new to Jira

in a cloud instance, a Jira project is how to migrate from one cloud site to another cloud site with workflows.

thanks in advance

2 answers

1 vote
Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2022

Hello @jeevan and welcome to the Community!

You're in the right place, here's some documentation that will guide you in a cloud to cloud migration. Should be pretty straightforward.

jeevan August 14, 2022

@Sam Nadarajan  thanks for the reply

but as per that link, I migrated a Jira project from one cloud to another cloud successfully but my problem is only the project is migrated but workflows do not come to another cloud.

Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2022

Hello @jeevan , you can try exporting a workflow as mentioned here.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 15, 2022

Hello @jeevan 

Welcome to the community.

What type of project did you migrate?

What exactly is missing with regard to the workflows? Did you get the Workflow Scheme? Are you missing the individual Workflows?

Did you already have a Workflow Scheme and/or Workflows on the destination site that had the same name as the ones in the source project?

Did the migrated project end up associated with a different Workflow Scheme on the destination site?

jeevan August 16, 2022

Hello @Trudy Claspill 

thanks for reply

I have two cloud sites. when I migrate a Jira project from the first cloud site to another cloud site that Jira project is successfully migrated.  after that, I opened that Jira project on another cloud site I saw a workflow is different when compared to the first cloud site.

I migrated the company-managed project from one cloud site to another cloud site. In the second cloud site, the workflow is not the same 

jeevan August 16, 2022

1. Before migrating workflow in the first cloud site

Screenshot 2022-08-16 182607.png

2.  After migrating workflow in the second cloud site

Screenshot 2022-08-16 182624.png

see the pictures for your reference @Trudy Claspill 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2022

Hello @jeevan 

I don't believe the workflows are functionally different. I think it is just the arrangement on the screen that is different.

Try editing the workflow and dragging the statuses into the same positions that you see in the first image. Or, look at the text presentation (instead of diagram presentation) for the original workflow and the workflow after migration. I suspect that they are actually identical.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events