How to make a only time field

Muhammad Akram Sharifi April 21, 2021

Hi Everyone 

I want a custom field to be configured just for time 

any one can help or can share past experience please let me know. 

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2021

Hello @Muhammad Akram Sharifi 

Are you talking about a field where you can enter a time of day, or a field where you can enter an amount of time?

I cannot find any information on making a custom field just for time of day.

If that is what you are trying to do, please explain your use case and perhaps we can suggest some alternatives.

Muhammad Akram Sharifi April 23, 2021

I want a filed to just accept hour example 

“time-lost” should be the name of the field and it should only accept 00:00 formate 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2021

There is not a native field type that supports that.

You might be able to get something like that from a third party app in the Marketplace - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/

There also is not currently native support for creating a custom field for time duration that would accept something like "1h 15m", like the other built-in time tracking fields. Refer to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-15988

I have seen some people create two custom fields of type Number, using one to record a number for hours and another to record a number for minutes.

Muhammad Akram Sharifi April 24, 2021

I couldn’t find such things in market place too do you know how to resize the number filed ?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2021

Please clarify what you mean by "resize the number field". 

Muhammad Akram Sharifi April 30, 2021

Trudy 

I mean How can we make the fields in view screen small or big.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2021

Hello Muhammad,

The display size of the field is set automatically by JIRA. There is not a feature that supports explicitly specifying the display size of the field.

What does the display size of the field have to do with solving your problem?

Dave W January 29, 2023

Agree with this question in wanting to be able to shorten the length of the field.

In response to the question about "What does the display size of the field have to do with solving your problem?"...  It's called improving the User Experience (UX).

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events