How to know what stories are from previous sprint?

Is there any way to know what stories are from a previous sprint? I mean, we have sprint 1 completed, with 5 stories we coudn't complete. And after planning we started the second sprint, but I would like to know which strories from the new sprint were in the previous one. Just to see how many stories we are re-doing.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi Emiliano

We use the flagging feature on the agile board. I.e. all issues in the sprint about to be closed will get flagged (and hence light up in orange).

In any case they will all show up at the very top of the backlog (or next future sprint if one is open)

But we like the flagging because it makes them stand out very clearly during planning.

Regards,

Kim

Great idea! I'll use this one. Thanks!

Hi

I cannot recall a direct way to track this however on your planning board before you start the sprint you can have two metrics, time spent and remaining estimate. So, if time spent is > 0 h then it means it is from the previous sprint.

Alternatively, you can use labels to tag issues which are spilled from one sprint to another.

Rahul

Thanks Rahul, for your answer, I'll try to use your approach.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 21, 2018 in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

1,207 views 10 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you