How to get billable hours in JIRa export

Aditya September 19, 2021
is there a way of getting a report from JIRA, where I would have enough details to see tickets, time spent, billable, nonbillable, ticket type and further details?
When I export issues from JIRA, I get all the details about a ticket bit never get the actual billable hours.
when I export tempo worklog, I get billable hours and other details but never get the ticket details present in JIRA
I need a report which can get me both.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Roberto Miasack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2021

Hi, @Aditya 

Natively, the hours in the jira are logged without much detail.
In order to be able to divide the hours into billable and non-billable, I added a plugin for this:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/6572/tempo-timesheets-time-tracking-reports?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

You can learn how to create this directly from the third-party vendor documentation: 

https://www.tempo.io/blog/2013/tempo-timesheets-tip-of-the-month-keeping-track-of-billable-vs-non-billable-time

Cheers!

2 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 8, 2022

Better Excel Exporter for Jira Cloud integrates with Tempo and comes with a pre-built template for exporting your Tempo (or other) worklogs into native Excel reports.

Browse the export samples and see if they serve as an inspiration for your reporting needs!

17-issues-with-worklogs.png

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

1 vote
Miron Ivano _Timescale_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 25, 2022

Hi @Aditya 

If you need an alternative our team have also build a great addon that has a solution for your problem - Timescale

With it you can create reports with time spent, billable, nonbillable, ticket type and much more. After which you can export it in EXCEL, CSV, PDF.

Here is an example of the export:

Screenshot 2022-03-25 at 16.50.50.png

1 vote
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
February 8, 2022

Hi @Aditya 

Another solution you can check out is the Issue History add-on developed by my team. 

Here you can arrange the columns and add fields (assignee, time spent) you need to the report. Also, you can filter by project, sprint, date range, etc. Export to CSV and Excel is available.

export issue history.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events