Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to generate test executions from test plans with just one click

Hello, 

I have a question about the "Test Management" tool in Jira.

Basically I've succeed to generate the test execution but it is really inconvenient to generate the test executions one by one. 

Is there an one-click or guide to generate bunch of test executions according to the test plans?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

@Henry Kim is that possible that you don't have the Issue Create permission? 

Please raise a ticket for our support team if that is not a problem with Create Issue permission they will help you find the reason and hopefully the solution. 

How do I know this is related to the permission?

Could you share how to check the permission?

For me, I can create the "test execution" but cannot see the button you've mentioned.

I found the possible reason for that. When you have the "executable" status for Test Plans configured in RTM settings the button is not visible. 

We do that to block tries of execution of not executable TP's from the list view. 

When you will remove that from the configuration you should be able to execute TP's form list view. 

Screenshot 2022-01-10 at 10.50.13.png

Also, your problem let me think about redesigning that functionality as it could be unintuitive.

@Henry Kim did it resolve your issue? 

@Jarosław Solecki Yep, It totally resolved the issue!! Thanks :) 

Hi @Henry Kim , 
of course, you can do that in bulk from the Test Plan list view. I am attaching the screenshot. 

Group 2657.png

Let me know if that resolved your problem. 

Hi @Jarosław Solecki

Thanks for the answer. Btw, I cannot find the button "Create Execution" in my screen.

Below is mine environment. Please find it. Thanks.

noexecution.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

👋 Looking for 15-20 volunteers to test Atlassian training content

Hi everyone! Are you interested in beta testing Atlassian University’s newest (unreleased!) training course? We’re looking for 15-20 volunteers to test our newest training course, Basic reporting...

806 views 24 28
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you