How to generate test executions from test plans with just one click

Henry Kim January 9, 2022

Hello, 

I have a question about the "Test Management" tool in Jira.

Basically I've succeed to generate the test execution but it is really inconvenient to generate the test executions one by one. 

Is there an one-click or guide to generate bunch of test executions according to the test plans?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jarosław Solecki [Deviniti]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 10, 2022

@Henry Kim is that possible that you don't have the Issue Create permission? 

Please raise a ticket for our support team if that is not a problem with Create Issue permission they will help you find the reason and hopefully the solution. 

Henry Kim January 10, 2022

How do I know this is related to the permission?

Could you share how to check the permission?

For me, I can create the "test execution" but cannot see the button you've mentioned.

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 10, 2022

I found the possible reason for that. When you have the "executable" status for Test Plans configured in RTM settings the button is not visible. 

We do that to block tries of execution of not executable TP's from the list view. 

When you will remove that from the configuration you should be able to execute TP's form list view. 

Screenshot 2022-01-10 at 10.50.13.png

Also, your problem let me think about redesigning that functionality as it could be unintuitive.

Marketplace Partner
January 10, 2022

@Henry Kim did it resolve your issue? 

@Jarosław Solecki [Deviniti] Yep, It totally resolved the issue!! Thanks :) 

0 votes
Marketplace Partner
January 10, 2022

Hi @Henry Kim , 
of course, you can do that in bulk from the Test Plan list view. I am attaching the screenshot. 

Group 2657.png

Let me know if that resolved your problem. 

Hi @Jarosław Solecki [Deviniti]

Thanks for the answer. Btw, I cannot find the button "Create Execution" in my screen.

Below is mine environment. Please find it. Thanks.

noexecution.png

Suggest an answer