How to enable time tracking in Jira

Vineela AK February 14, 2023

Hi,

I am unable to see time tracking in Jira( i have admin rights).so i tried enabling it but i am not getting that field.

These are the steps i followed to enable

Settings-Issues-Issue features-Time Tracking. 

here i can see Global time tracking settings. 

Then i changed the permissions under Work on Issues In Permission Scheme. I gave the permission to admin, any logged in user. 

Am i missing anything here? Why am i unable to see time tracking is turned on.

4 answers

6 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2023

Hi @Vineela AK and welcome to the community,

FIrst make sure that time tracking is enabled on your instance:

• Go to cog wheel > Issues > Time tracking
  • Make sure that "Jira provided time tracking" is selected

After that, make sure that the time tracking field is added on your edit and view screens:

• Go to project > project settings > Issues > Screens
  • Select the screens of your issue types to which you want to add the time tracking to, and add it

Cross check that now is visible.

Let me know if that helps.

Thank you Alex for responding to my query.

I did the same till screens. I can see Default screen, Resolve issue screen, Workflow screen. Which one should i select to add the time tracking? can u guide me?

thanks

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2023

@Vineela AK if you follow these instructions:

• Go to project > project settings > Issues > Screens
  • Select the screens of your issue types to which you want to add the time tracking to, and add it

You'll see a bunch of screens. Add this field to all screens (but imo I would only add it to edit issue and view issue screen)

0 votes
Vineela AK February 15, 2023

I found the answer to my query.

can see time tracking in company managed project(which appears on the down in the sidebar) and not in the team managed project.

In company managed project select issue and click on the actions(three dots) and you can see log work.

Hope this is helpful 

0 votes
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 14, 2023

Hi @Vineela AK , welcome to the Community!

Have you gone into the screen that your issue is using to check that Time Tracking field is associated with the screen?

Hi Callum Carlile,

Many thanks for responding to my query.

can u guide me the screen which you are referring to?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events