How to duplicate /copy an epic (with all the stories and task included) ?

Frédéric BISCAY September 5, 2018

Hi, 

On JIRA software Cloud 

I want to prepare à Epic template filled with US to be duplicate and done regularly 

How to duplicate /copy an epic (with all the stories and task included) ? 

Can someone help me to do that easily

I see several module for the server version on the marketplace but nothing for cloud 

Thank you in advance 

Fred

4 answers

0 votes
Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 15, 2019

You can also try a Clone Epic feature of the free app Epics Map for Jira provided by my team. 

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 14, 2019

Hi @Frédéric BISCAY

As mentioned in your previous post you can clone Epics and all it's issues with our cloud app Deep Clone for Jira.

Don't hesitate to get in touch with us at support@codefortynine.com if you have questions or feedback.

0 votes
Danish Hassan July 4, 2019

Hi,

Please try EPIC CLONE free app and it worked perfectly.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220519/epic-clone?hosting=server&tab=overview

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2018

@Frédéric BISCAY, You seem to already know it isn't possible OOTB. Consider an addon like Automation for Jira Cloud or maybe better Templates for Jira. I use the first for other things and I suspect it could work for you but might get pretty tedious to set it up, just a guess. I have not experience w/ the later but I have chatted w/ others that do and find it very good. There is a good video to be viewed in the link provided that should help you assess. I did try one other addon that I really liked as far as the UI but in the end it was a bit too new and didn't deliver so I moved on.

Suggest an answer