How to do display the following after the Priority field (like field help description)

Sreenadh December 1, 2022

Hi

Is it possible in Jira

display the following after the Priority field (like field help description)  It does not need to be in a table, but we’d like the text.

Priority

L1 Resolution Time*

L2/L3 Resolution Time**

1 - High

4 continuous hours

TBD

2 - Medium

12 continuous hours

TBD

3 - Low

48 continuous hours

TBD

Please help me out is there any possibility to do the same.

Thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

Hi @Sreenadh 

texts.png

If you mean that you want to insert text like the one on (1), then it's not possible to add a text placeholder. If you want to add a help text below the field, then this is doable. Just:

• Go to your project > project settings
  • Issues > Fields
  • Click pen icon to edit field configuration for specific issue type
  • Find Priority field > click Edit
  • Edit Description > Update
Sreenadh December 2, 2022

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

Thanks for the response.!

My Question is related to point no. 1 which is mentioned in the above screenshot by you.

I have already done the process for Description thing which you were mentioned in the Point no. 2.

Please find the attached screenshot:

7.PNG

Is there any possible way to do the same.

Thanks,

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2022

No, unfortunately there isn't a way, that I know of, to have a placeholder on that field. After a few years, when Adaptavist will support behaviours for custom fields, you will have this option. Till then, it's a no.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events