How to create cross-project releases

David Thomas February 1, 2021

I have multiple projects feeding into  mobile app release, with various feature delivery teams working on their own projects. At the moment I create releases in one overall project to capture defect found in testing etc. This is more and more proving difficult as users need to raise bugs in their own projects as well. I believe it's possible to create cross-project releases but I can't see the option anywhere to actually do it?? Is there a separate plug in I need or something or does this feature come as standard? Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

Hi @David Thomas 

unfortunately, it's not possible to create cross-project releases in Jira out of the box. The only solution, for now, is to maintain versions manually in multiple projects or use a Jira app to do this for you.

I wrote a post about this topic a few months back, you can have a look here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/How-to-share-releases-between-projects-with-Cross-project/ba-p/1354688

I hope this helps :)

Nikki

2 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2021

Hi @David Thomas 

There is no feature to create CPR unless you use an app or Advanced Roadmaps.

However with some automation you can achieve few things like creating a release in another project with same name and release date. Take a look at this rule below to get some ideas.

Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 16.53.03.png

I hope it helps.

Ravi

Annica Andersson December 6, 2021

Thank you :-)

@Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_What is your best way to view cross-project releases in gadgets or creating reports in Jira vanilla? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events