• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to create cross-project releases

I have multiple projects feeding into  mobile app release, with various feature delivery teams working on their own projects. At the moment I create releases in one overall project to capture defect found in testing etc. This is more and more proving difficult as users need to raise bugs in their own projects as well. I believe it's possible to create cross-project releases but I can't see the option anywhere to actually do it?? Is there a separate plug in I need or something or does this feature come as standard? Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @David Thomas 

unfortunately, it's not possible to create cross-project releases in Jira out of the box. The only solution, for now, is to maintain versions manually in multiple projects or use a Jira app to do this for you.

I wrote a post about this topic a few months back, you can have a look here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/How-to-share-releases-between-projects-with-Cross-project/ba-p/1354688

I hope this helps :)

Nikki

1 vote

Hi @David Thomas 

There is no feature to create CPR unless you use an app or Advanced Roadmaps.

However with some automation you can achieve few things like creating a release in another project with same name and release date. Take a look at this rule below to get some ideas.

Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 16.53.03.png

I hope it helps.

Ravi

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

7,047 views 8 28
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you