How to create an project wide sprint

Michael Ozeryansky April 27, 2021

I have a project made up of many boards. Right now each board has its own sprint, but we do the sprints together. How can I create one sprint for all my boards within my project?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

Hello @Michael Ozeryansky 

A sprint is created within a single board. However, there is nothing in JIRA that prevents the assignment of issues to sprints that have been created in another board or even in another project. You can assign issues to a sprint that is not on the board by directly editing the Sprint field for the issue.

A sprint will show up in a board if either of the following is true:

1. The sprint was created in that board.

2. An issue that is within the scope of the board has been assigned to the sprint (even if the sprint was not created in that board).

Unfortunately there is not a way to create a sprint and force it to show up in other boards, except by assigning issues from those boards to the sprint.

Is it possible to shift to using a single board for the project, and using Quick Filters to allow each team to display just the issues relevant to them?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events