How to configure hours for issue subtasks in JIRA?

Homeshwarr
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 7, 2021

Hello All

I have a project Name: IMA Automation and issue type: Story under the issue we have automated sub tasks such as IA Developer, IA Testing, IA Review, etc.

Here we wanted to configure specific hours to the subtasks such as

IA Developer - 10 Hours

IA Testing - 8 Hours

IA Review - 5 Hours

Here when the subtask is created and once the user starts working on the subtasks. the subtasks should have pre defined hours to complete the tasks with the above hours mentioned.

Please help me in solving this issue. its an urgent requirement

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2021

I am not sure what you are asking for here.

Do you mean you want to enter estimates for the sub-tasks?  Automatically when they are created?

Homeshwarr
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 7, 2021

Yes, when the subtasks are created estimates should be predefined

Not manually, the estimates should be automatically present when they are created

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

You can create an automation that will fill in the original estimate when an issue is created.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events