How to change my JIRA view

Jenny Qu June 28, 2021

First, I am using Cloud version. 

Now, I noted that one of the JIRA board, I had the description on the right view. It used to be on the left view. 

Any one can help me to adjust and How ? Thanks. I am new to JIRA 

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2021

Could you share an image that explains better what you’re referring to?

Jenny Qu June 29, 2021

Yes. Thanks Jack. 

I have a JIRA tickets used to be like this = correct way 

Screen below is correct 

JIRA (correct(=).PNG

However, recently, I am not sure who update in JIRA, below fields moved to the left.    (Sorry I don't image) But description moved to the right from left and below items moved to the left. 

• Priority:
  • EPIC:
  • Component:
  • Reporter: 

Any update that I can revert back or change the description to the left view.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2021

Thanks for sharing the image. As Daniel mentions below this is the new issue view. Note you mention some fields above “moving to the left” but actually the are on the right where the should be in the new issue view.

Like Jenny Qu likes this
Jenny Qu July 3, 2021

Thank you Jack. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2021

Hi @Jenny Qu

I am not sure if I am getting you fully - but from what is visible you are now using "New Issue View" - this is a modernized user interface which is now in operation for the Jira cloud users.

You can still switch to the old view by clicking (...) > See the old view - on a per issue basis. But as this one is deprecated I'd suggest getting familiar with the "New Issue View".

Touching on your question if you can put the fields on the left - yes it is possible, please see an example here:

grafik.png

You can learn about how it is configurered in "Issue Layout" here:

Especially watch or the part that describes "Context fields" vs. "Description fields". When putting fields to "Description fields" they are on the left (as in my screenshot).

Regards,
Daniel

Jenny Qu July 3, 2021

Thank you Dan. Yes. I am not aware of this update. Thank you. 

Weiqian Sun April 16, 2024

is there update about inserting link in JIRA story's comment to this story's existing attachment? The "Old view" is deprecated, it seems.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events