How to change initial status for specific issue type?

amr kamel January 9, 2022

I was wondering if there is a way to change initial status for specific issue type, for e.g i have a column called bugs with status bugs, what i need is, once i create new bug ticket it will be created on bugs column instead of new column

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2022

Hi @amr kamel  - Did Bastian's response answer your question? 

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2022

Hi @amr kamel ,

Welcome to the community. 

The status depends on the the workflow. So if you want another behavior for bugs, you have to create a new workflow with the status you need and add that to the workflow scheme.

Yes i have created my own workflow, but still unable to have certain initial status for spcific issue tybe "bug".

Could you please provide some screenshot, showing how i can manage it, or if you know some article explaining how.

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2022

You have to set the status you want as first status after the create step.

Then you have to add that workflow to the workflow scheme for the issue type bug.

This might help you https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-workflow-schemes/

Great thank، i will try it and get back to you

amr kamel January 10, 2022

@Bastian Stehmann  thanks again bastian, but still i didnt see in the document a way for change issue type initial status

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2022

In your workflow, add the status you need. Then move the create issue transition (it starts from the circle) to that status. Don't forget to publish the changes.

Then new issues will get that status as initial status.

amr kamel January 10, 2022

Gotcha, does this mean that all initial status for any issue type will have this status then?

I was thinking to have only specific initial status to only bug issue type

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2022

You have to do this only in the workflow that is assigned in the workflow scheme to the issuetype bug. So only bugs will have this new initial status.

If you have no specific workflow yet, copy the existing one and make the changes in the copy. Then go too the workflow scheme and add this workflow for bugs.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events