How to auto-Add my name to the watchlist of a project (New tickets)

Kodaganti Meghasri April 18, 2023

I have a project 'X' and people are working on it. Now I want to see what is happening in the project. 

I can add myself to the watch list by selecting the tickets by applying filters. 

Now if I want to add myself for the new tickets, how do I do that? because everyday I cannot go and look for new tickets. By default any new ticket is created, I need my name to get added to the watchlist. 

Can someone help me on this?

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2023

Hello @Kodaganti Meghasri 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

If you are the Project Administrator for this project then you can create an Automation Rule to add yourself as a Watcher on issues. If you are not a Project Administrator for the project you won't be able to create that rule.

What problem are you trying to solve by being a Watcher on every issue in the project?

Can you solve that problem by setting up a saved filter that retrieves the newly created issues, and then setting up a daily subscription to that filter to email the results to yourself?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events