How to add timeline and calendar to Software Project

Amy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 1, 2021

I recently played around with other projects in Jira, and used the project management template to create a fake project to play around in. I love the timeline and calendar feature and would like to have these features in my Software Project.

Is there a way to add the timeline and calendar feature to a Software Project? The only way I've been able to see timelines is for Epics only, not tasks or subtasks.

7 answers

3 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2021

The Calendar and Timeline features you see in the Work Management projects are available only for those types of projects. They can't be enabled in the Software projects.

There is at least one third party app that you could subscribe to that would make a calendar feature available in the Software projects. There might be others but this is the first one I found.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218390/calendar-for-jira?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

There are probably other apps that would provide a timeline feature also.

2 votes
Adam _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 22, 2021

Hi @Amy 

Taking into consideration your requirements, I believe that you may want to give some of the apps from the Atlassian marketplace a try - like BigPicture/BigGantt for example, developed by Softwareplant (A company I am also a part of). Those will help you organize your work better, manage your work across multiple Jira projects on one screen, and add the necessary functionalities, such as a timeline on the Gantt and also a Calendar view

Gantt module.png

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Adam

2 votes
Kate Bulei _Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 21, 2021

Hi @Amy ! 

You may try ActivityTimeline app. It provides clear visibility of your resources’ activities & utilization with the help of the timelines for individual users and even for the teams. Check out our article on the Atlassian community, it explains the main benefits and features: Get a Proper Timeline for your Team's Work

Team with Users page.png

1 vote
Mary
Marketplace Partner
October 5, 2021

Hi @Amy ,

If you consider reaching out to the 3-rd party apps, I'd like to suggest Planyway on behalf of the Planyway team. It offers the monthly calendar and the timeline views. You can visualize epics, tasks, and subtasks all on one timeline, e.g.:

planyway jira timeline.png

If any concerns or questions, I'm here to help.

0 votes
Violetta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2023

Hi @Amy 
There is a helpful article that may help on how to add a Jira calendar. Hope it'll help.

0 votes
Kieran Scott
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 7, 2023

Hi there,

There's a feature request to bring the Calendar view from JIRA Work Management into JIRA Software, that you can vote on: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-23094

I'm honestly surprised they haven't ported it already. Seems simple and smart.

0 votes
David Berclaz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2021

Hi @Amy

With Time Squad, we are building the most flexible (and affordable) Timeline for Jira. Create many Timelines updated in real time, showing not only Jira issues but also other kind of events.

Time Squad LinkedIn (1).gif

Let me know if you need a demo, we hope to have you soon part of the Time Squad adventure!

Cheers,

David

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events