How to add a Star to Jira issue

Jose Fuentes March 11, 2020

Hi,

There is a seccion called "Starred and Recent" (and the top left corner). I'm able to add a star to an issue but only if there issue is shown on "recently viewed" section that shows at the bottom on that section. 

When when I go to an issue directly I'm not seeing the option to add a star, is it because we are still on the free plan? Is it possible to add a star from within any issue? 

Here a scheenshot/video of what I'm seeing: 

https://share.getcloudapp.com/eDuxgLRm

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2020

Hi Jose,

we will not be able to access your instance to observe what you are seeing. Consider a screenshot instead.

I am not aware of being able to star an issue. You can star (favorite) a filter, board, etc. Note too that the ⭐️ in the left sidebar is moving to under “Your Work” in the new navigation view that is in the process of rolling out.

Opps. Of course. I just updated the Url, which is a screenshot, hope you can see it. Thanks.

Like Gabriel Sagaz likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2020

Thanks for sharing. TBH, I have never even played with that so learned something new. 🙂

regardless, I’m betting this is only accessible under the “starred” list and not at the detailed issue view. I did a quick search in the docs But not much info -get-home-search-or-create-with-the-global-sidebar 

Thanks. I think the workaround (since there is no Star option when seeing an issue), is to first search for the issue (assuming you'd know the number) then it would show on Most Recent, then you add Star.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 11, 2020

Yep but also consider: watching, using tags, flags coupled with filters and Star the filter. The key thing about starring issues is the maintenance associated with removing them. This could become tedious.

Ravid Goldenberg April 11, 2021

Hi I see an option for staring an issue here:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220802/stars-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

But, like @Jose Fuentes is saying I can't see it on my screen.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events