How to add R4J to Jira

Тодор Димитров March 10, 2021

Hello,

Me and my teammates recently began to use Jira, and we decided to add Requirements For Jira( R4J) to our project. However, installing an add-on never been such a hard job. 

I have followed all the guides i've found, yet every one of them leads to "Navigate to Add-Ons menu" which i do not have.Tried the Find new apps menu, R4J is not there. In Manage apps when i click upload app, it prompts me to enter an URL, which i do not have. Any help would be priceless.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2021

Hi @Тодор Димитров,

Welcome to Atlassian community!

I assume you need to install this add-on R4J - Requirements Management for Jira? Unfortunately, it is not available for Jira Cloud, but only for Jira Server or Jira Data Center.

Pavel

Thank you for your fast reply !

Like Pavel Junek likes this
Shruthi Gowda July 14, 2021

Thank Pavel Junek spent an hour to figure out why its not showing up.. 

reply helped.

Like Pavel Junek likes this
0 votes
Bernhard Doleschel _Ease Solutions_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2021

Hello @Тодор Димитров ,

I´m Bernhard from EaseSolutions, the vendor of R4J - Requirements Management for Jira. It´s correct, R4J isn´t available for the cloud yet but we are hard working for it. A beta version should be available in the next months. If you interested, please contact us via our friendly support staff: https://support.easesolutions.com/

Please see our plans here: Our plans for R4J Cloud 

Best Regards, Bernhard

Angelica Salazar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2021

Hi @Тодор Димитров!

Good news! R4J Cloud has been released last month, November.

If you have questions and are interested in a demo of the Cloud version, please reach out to us through our support portal. We'd be happy to hear any feedback on the application.

Best regards,
Angelica

0 votes
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2021

Hi @Тодор Димитров 

As pointed by @Pavel Junek , R4J is not available fir Jira Cloud.

You can try out one of the following alternatives:

Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 2.44.41 PM.png

Thank you 

Like # people like this
Bukola Amodu October 5, 2023

Pls am doing a project that we need to process activating R4J and load data to Jira via it. what are the steps

Bernhard Doleschel _Ease Solutions_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2023

Hello @Bukola Amodu ,

thank you very much for your question. I´m Bernhard from Ease Solutions, the vendor of R4J.

To activate projects (your system admin can do it), you need to follow the documented steps. This depends  a bit on the used Jira system:

If you need additional help, please contact our friendly support team: https://support.easesolutions.com/ 

Also you can join our public R4J demos:

Best Regards,

Bernhard

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD Trial
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders