How to Automate issue creation every time a new project is created with an specific category?

Bruna Junckes Sant Anna May 5, 2021

How can i create an automation that every time a new project with category "X" is created, the automation run?

I have the same epics, tasks and subtasks in all my projects structure, and i want to every time i create a new project i dont need to create every issue..

As i see i cant duplicate a base project, i want to make an automation.

How can i do it?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2021

Hi @Bruna Junckes Sant Anna 

I don't think you can do that with Automation. For this use case what I normally do is keep a csv file with its configurations (field mappings) and import it in new project to quickly populate the issues.

Ravi

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2021

Hi @Bruna Junckes Sant Anna 

As @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ noted, this isn't possible yet.  Here is the suggestion to add a trigger for Project Created to automation, which you may watch/vote for to see progress: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JIRAAUTOSERVER-177

Best regards,
Bill

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2023
1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

Automations cannot trigger based on project creation, it can only be configured to trigger on issue events. You would have to create something using the REST API to do it, or using an existing app. I found this one in the Marketplace, Deep Clone for Jira, and it looks like it allows you to create a project template that you can clone. 

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 6, 2021

Hi,

I'm the product manager of Deep Clone For Jira.

There are several features that might be interesting for your use case, @Bruna Junckes Sant Anna :

It is also possible to integrate Deep Clone with Jira Automation.

If you have questions or feedback about our app, don't hesitate to contact our support.

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
Bruna Junckes Sant Anna June 14, 2021

thanks Marlene!

Wish Jira had something we do not need to pay for an extra license, but that good for now.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM Trial
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events