How to Auto fill developer filed

AKhil kola March 23, 2023

Based on assignee filed how to auto fill developer user picker filed 

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023

Hi @AKhil kola 

You can use Jira automation or a workflow post function (if you have an app like JMWE).

With jira automation you can create a rule which triggers on issue create, and then add the if/else component to populate the developer field based on the assignee.

Hi Alex,

i am giving you same condition but new action component what i am select???

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023

Edit Issue and then find the field of Developer

Yeah Alex when i am selecting developer filed there is no assignee value. only i am getting some users list's based on user list how can add assignee??

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2023

@AKhil kola I'm a bit confused as to what is it that you want to achieve. On your post you state:

Based on assignee filed how to auto fill developer user picker filed 

But on your last post you state:

when i am selecting developer filed there is no assignee value

So what is it that you want to achieve?

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_  When i am using the edit issue in developer filed auto populated not working 

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2023

@AKhil kola I am so sorry, but I can't understand what you want to achieve. Can you layout your requirements? Or simply paste an image of your rule of what you are trying to accomplish?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events