How do i place restrictions around custom fields of due dates

BrentBot_ December 6, 2021

How do i utilize automations or some sort of behavior restriction around a due date custom field when user are filling them out on a validation screen. The rule would be

- client review time field cannot be scheduled between 12AM and 4AM PST

- client review time field  cannot be within 3 hours after AD review time field

- client review time field cannot equal AD review time field

1 answer

0 votes
BrentBot_ February 3, 2022

@Bill Sheboy Do you know of anything that can be done here? is there anyway to do this through the old validators/conditons/post functions at the workflow level?

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2022

Hi @BrentBot_ 

I do not have a lot of experience using the workflow validators, and so you may want to search specifically for those in the documentation if you want to try them.

From what I do know, custom fields are not supported as well as the built-in fields...and your fields appear to be custom.  Perhaps try looking in the marketplace to see if there are additional validation capabilities for forms with custom fields.

As you are the site admin for a paid license, you could also try submitting a ticket to Atlassian support to see what they suggest: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events