How do I write details within the description box through markup or using html tags?

Tabita Rebello April 13, 2021

I need to add bulleting, numbering, highlights using markup language. How do I do that using the current JIRA version?

E.g. prior, I could do this <color:red> This is red text </color>

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ash Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2021

Hey @Tabita Rebello when you say previously what do you mean?

In another organisation with a different instance? How long ago?

So many questions.

Generally if you could do it, but can't do it now it could be that:

• it was perhaps a server/data centre version of jira and now you're on cloud
  • it was a feature in cloud that was removed from the core function
  • it was a feature that was enabled by a marketplace app that appeared on the previous instance you used, but that app isn't on the current version you use

Some more context will help :)

Ash

Tabita Rebello April 13, 2021

circa 2014.. 

So from what I read, the option seems deprecated. How can I format the description seamlessly? The latest version of JIRA makes bullets and numbering so difficult ! Thought add html tags would help solve for this.

Ash Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2021

Oh yes, I've found a lot has changed since then :)

Generally (well I've found) if something has been depreciated, there's usually a marketplace app to provide a solution.

For example you could check out an app like this https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1223462/html-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview, trial it and see if that works.

The marketplace has also grown massively since 2014!

Like Tabita Rebello likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events