How do I track time by subtask (rather that story) and assignee?

Hey all, I have a few questions. We're using JIRA Agile such that we subtask stories and estimate the subtasks. This approach necessitates that we follow the burndown of subtasks rather than user stories. We also want to track cross-project agglomerated Time Remaining estimates by Assignee. Unfortunately, we're having trouble adapting the reports to our needs.

Can anyone help us figure that out? We've been trying to reach out to Expert companies but they seem to be overkill for the type of training/help we need and I've been having difficulty finding any native Atlassian support services. If there's some way of actually speaking to someone it would be very helpful to learn about it.

Thanks a lot!

1 answer

Restrict time being logged against story's (parents) and let the subtasks roll their time up in to the parent as normal.  I believe tempo has this option if you have it...

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Service Desk

Frequently Asked Questions for Jira Service Desk (AKA JSD FAQ)

Just the FAQs! Welcome to the Community, and this Focused-FAQ! Here, we've pulled together some of the most frequently asked questions associated with Jira Service Desk (JSD). We hope ...

123 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you