How do I remove an issue type from JWM

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2023

I've decided to try JWM to use as a personal tool within our organization to manage my work tasks. When I created it I either added a sub-task as an issue type or it was created automatically.

How do I remove it? Going to project settings isn't what I am used to working with in software projects.

1 answer

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2023

Hi @Danno,

Project settings are in a different place in JWM than in JSW. They are in the top navigation amongst the selection options for all different views.

If your project is Company managed, then removing an issue type works in the same way as in JSW: remove the issue type from the issue type scheme your project is using.

If your project is team managed, you can remove the issue type by selecting it in project settings and hitting the ... button you see in this screenshot and choosing delete issue type:

Screenshot 2023-04-17 at 09.44.42.png 

I noticed that that option is not always available. If there is only one issue type in your project, that option will not show.

Hope this helps!

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 17, 2023

Well @Walter Buggenhout thank you for the quick response. I knew where the project settings were accessed but I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the subtask.

My project is a team-managed type and I was able to find the ... for the Epic only. I thought I would then get the choice again for Task or possibly Sub-task but silly me why would anyone want to delete those.

Update - I tried adding a new issue type. I think it only lets you delete "new" issue types that you add after the project has been created.

Update #2 - If you create a Team Managed JWM, choose the blank project. It doesn't seem to specify what issue types it will have in it. It allows you to delete the Sub-Task.

Anyway, I don't see another way to accomplish this w/o creating a new project and migrating tasks over to it.

Any other suggestions?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events