How do I disable "configure issue layout"

Andreas Schwarz January 5, 2022

Hi community,

In the new issue view, everyone has the permission to change the issue layout. At least in our configuration. This is quite annoying since it gets changed frequently. 

My question:

Kind Regards,

Andreas

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2022

Hi @Andreas Schwarz , it should not be the case that any user can edit the default issue layout. Are you sure this is the case? Can you check to see if these users that are able to edit the issue layout have project admin (or higher) permissions?

you might want to inspect the underlying role or group that your users are put into and if that role or group is given administrative permissions unnecessarily.

Andreas Schwarz January 6, 2022

Thanks, you are right. We have given administrative permissions unnecessarily. 

0 votes
Mateus Haubert December 19, 2022

@Jack Brickey do you know if this has anything to do with being on a free plan?
On a free plan I cannot set project roles to users, I can only manage users through the site's administration settings.

On the site administration settings all users are set as 'users' and I'm the only admin, however the users are still able to change the layout configuration. Any clues how to fix this?

Thanks

Screenshot 2022-12-20 170039.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2022

Yes indeed @Mateus Haubert . Free does not support defining roles.. Every user in Free is an admin as well.

Like Mateus Haubert likes this
0 votes
Shannon Masterson August 3, 2022

I would still like to understand if this can be disabled. Any help appreciated.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 3, 2022

hi @Shannon Masterson , Disabled for whom? It is only available for admins. It cannot be disabled for admins as it is a vital component of administering Jira. If you are having issues with admins changing the issue layout you should consider one of two approaches. 

• revisit who has admin permissions and the process for granting and/or...
  • documenting and training your admins on the process for approval changes
maree_milne-v November 20, 2023

I'd definitely like to disable it globally. It's pretty annoying that the screen field order isn't respected when you use the same screens for multiple Jira projects, I'd much rather go back to managing the field order on the screens!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events