How do I delete a team?

Casey Woelfle April 17, 2021

How Do I delete the random extra team?

When I am using jira cloud it shows 2 teams even though I only plan to work with one. How do I delete the team-1618604880323 from the available teams shown in the jira drop down?

Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 10.43.42.png

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2021

@Casey Woelfle - hi Casey!

Go to Jira, click "People" in the header, then choose "Search people and teams".

Find the team you want to remove, click into the team, then click "..." and choose "Delete team"

Hope this helps.

p.s. Of course, if it's a real team that someone is using, check with them before removing it. šŸ˜‚

I went through the instructions and was unable to find the team in that area of the application? Maybe I am misunderstanding something and this is not a team? I attached a photo in the original post to show what I am looking to delete.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2021

@Casey Woelfle - can you send a slightly larger screenshot?

If that's the dropdown in the upper-left, that looks like a separate Jira project.

Go to Projects > View all projects then search for "team". See a project with that name? If so, you can go into that project's settings and delete the project.

@Dave Liao Here is a larger screen shot to work with, it is under the drop down on the left but its also under the jira software it has a drop down and 2 different options 1 of which is team?

Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 10.43.42.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-17 at 12.47.54.png

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 17, 2021

@Casey Woelfle - ah, thanks!

When you select team-1618604880323, what opens? Do you end up in a different Jira Cloud instance (a different URL ending in atlassian.net)?

If so, and you're the admin of the instance, you can delete it via admin.atlassian.com.

Apparently it is an organization like you are saying, yes.

I went to the admin panel, but where is the delete option? 

Even in the admin panel it shows the 2 organizations, the 1 I want to keep and the team one that I want to delete.

But I cant seem to find an option to delete?

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 17, 2021

@Casey Woelfle - you can move that Org's existing Products (like Jira Core) to another org that you manage. Upon a move of any existing Products, that "team" Org will disappear.

@Dave Liao Yea, so I went to the admin, deleted the jira service for that organization and such, but it still shows for some strange reason. Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 13.13.41.png

Like ā€¢ Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 17, 2021

Are there other Products in the Org? If so, it takes time to have it totally disappear.

@Dave Liao Nope, the only product that the team organization had was jira. It takes time to clear up? So wait like 24 hours or so and if its still there I can go from there?

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 17, 2021

@Casey Woelfle - actually, go to the "team" Org's settings. Click "Settings" then "Transfer products".

Hopefully that's an option - that will remove the unneeded Org.

@Dave Liao  This worked. Thank you so much for your help. Pesky organizations haha.

Like ā€¢ Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 17, 2021

@Casey Woelfle - woohoo! Glad we figured this out šŸ™

Like ā€¢ Casey Woelfle likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders