How do I create sprints to show on my backlog page?

Cameron Dluhos November 24, 2020

How do I create sprints to show on my backlog page?  Right now we are using JIRA for our ticket management and then Smartsheet's to track our sprints.  In past roles at other companies, I didn't have to do this is two separate system's.  

I want to be able to create my sprints, have them show in the backlog for my project, so i can drag and drop tickets to each sprint.  

I know there is supposed to be a "Create Sprint" CTA at the top of the backlog page, but I currently don't have that so I know there is a permissions thing I need to resolve as well, i just want to make sure I understand the process.

2 answers

0 votes
faf duplessis November 24, 2020

Yes, you can create sprints to show on my backlog page

Navigate to your next-gen Jira Software project. In your project's sidebar, select Backlog. Scroll to the bottom of your Backlog list and select + create issue.

0 votes
Krister Broman _Advania_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2020

You are correct, in the permission schemes you have manage sprints and you need to be assigned to that through some means like group/role etc. 

Also make sure that you are not using a kanban board, only scrum boards have the ability to create sprints. 

Krister Broman _Advania_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2020
Cameron Dluhos November 24, 2020

thank you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events