How do I automate multiple checklists in a single ticket?

Rob Leis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 25, 2024

I am working on automating a workflow in JIRA using automation. I have done everything I wanted to up to the point of clearing the first checklist and adding a second one. Where I'm stuck is transitioning the ticket from one status to another based on the competition of the second checklist. Here are the steps:

1. Creating a new ticket adds a checklist.
  2. Once the checklist is complete, the issue transitions to a new status.
  3. After a user transitions the ticket to the next status in the workflow, the first checklist is cleared and a new checklist is added.

Here's where the problem is. There is an automation set for when that second checklist is completed to transition the issue to the next status in the process. However, the automation appears to be ignoring the first checklists being cleared and is automatically transitioning the issue for the automation rule for the second checklist.

I've attempted several conditional logic flows in the automation rule. I have yet to identify how to resolve this and prevent the issue from transitioning without completing the second checklist.

Here's a screenshot of the rule I'm trying to enforce.

Screenshot 2024-03-25 100445.png

2 answers

1 vote
Gracjan Wesołowski _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2024

Hi @Rob Leis 

Welcome to the community!

My name is Gracjan, and I'm a Customer Success Expert at HeroCoders, the team behind the Issue Checklist app. I see that you are using Checklist Completed custom field, so I'm guessing that you are using our checklist app(please confirm if I'm right :)) 

I'm not fully sure what is causing this, some more information regarding your configuration is needed. How do you clear the first checklist? Do you simply delete it? Please provide me with more details of your current setup.

If I'm right, and it is our checklist app, we can join together on a call and review the configuration live, it might be easier :) If you agree, you can schedule a meeting here.

Cheers!

Gracjan

0 votes
Rob Leis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 25, 2024

Can't delete my answer lol so here's some placeholder text.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events