How can i create the JIRA Automation

SHANAVASH MOHAMED November 29, 2021

Hi Team,

How can i create the JIRA automation for Once task moved to done status then create the new task automatically then auto task is moved to done status then create the new task. 

I have already created some automation for parent issue, But auto create task isn't working properly, find the below screenshot for your reference. 

auto create task.JPG

2 answers

1 vote
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2021

Hi @SHANAVASH MOHAMED 

There is a known problem with the issue created trigger (and perhaps others) where the rule can fire before all data is available.  This results in your conditions not being met.

The work-around for this symptom is to add a Re-fetch action immediately after the trigger and before the conditions.  This will reload the data, slowing down the rule, before the conditions.

Kind regards,
Bill

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2021

Hello @SHANAVASH MOHAMED 

The below works for me.. Can you try and then extend it for your usecase?

image.png

Suhail Wani November 29, 2021

Hello @SHANAVASH MOHAMED 

Just a suggestion, can you also limit the number of conditions used and try to use JQL rather for "Issue Type Equals" , "Reporter is", "Summary Contains" conditions?

Like SHANAVASH MOHAMED likes this

@Fazila Ashraf Thanks for quick response, 

But this automation will be for parent issue, But i need the automation for child ticket, Once first task has been moved to done then create the new task under task 

Thanks

SHANAVASH M

@Suhail Wani 

Thanks for quick response,

But if we use for the JQL function all the child ticket will create when parent was created,

1st condition : its working fine 

But i need the condition of while creating parent issue that time only one task need to create.

2nd condition :

when i was moved child ticket e.g. task moved to done status then only i need to create another child ticket 

thanks 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events