How can i change email address ?

elby.sam December 1, 2020

Hi Team,

I needs to change my email elby.sam@octane.in address to elby.sam@vfirst.com. But I got mail as follows 

"Your email change request could not be processed because elby.sam@vfirst.com is already associated with another Atlassian account."

actually there was an account elby.sam@vfirst.com but i deleted four days before this account. So Please help me regarding this 

Thanks 

Elby Sam

3 answers

0 votes
Miroslav Kostadinov March 21, 2022

@elby.sam

Can you share how you solved the issue you had? Can you paste here ticket id if you created such back then?

I have absolutely the same issue with my account :).

0 votes
Am D December 1, 2020

Hi Elby, 

Why didn't you use the previous account only instead of deleting or changing email?

Did you try to reactivate or make new account with previous email? 

Thanks

Amit K

Hi Amit, 

My company changed my email address(elby.sam@octane.in) so I needs to track existing records and tickets in JIRA with existing email address same in Bit-bucket also. Actually I mistakenly create account with new email id (elby.sam@vfirst.com). I noticed that new email id is treated as new account and its very difficult to track old reports.

So I delete new account created and trying to link with existing account. 

Thanks

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2020

Hi John, 

I already tried this and got mail with "Your email change request could not be processed because elby.sam@vfirst.com is already associated with another Atlassian account."

Thanks

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2020

I would go ahead and submit a Support Ticket with Atlassian: 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events