How can I take away a user from a project?

Claudio dos Santos Mota January 25, 2023

Hello everyone,

I'm new in Jira administration and I free plan for a small project.

At this moment, I put a user, for the mistake, on this project, is it possible to take away this user from the project or change to another?

Thanks for your help in advance!! :) 

3 answers

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2023

Hi @Claudio dos Santos Mota 

Welcome to the community.

Is it a company-managed or team-managed project?

Also adding Manage project permissions doc here.

Edit: Since it is free version, you can not customize permissions. You need to revoke access. Limitations in Jira Cloud Free plans

0 votes
Sakina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2023

you can revoke user site access

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2023

Hi Claudio - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

With the Free plan you cannot control the permissions. Any user with access to the site has access to all projects, and are even Administrators of each Project. 

Claudio dos Santos Mota January 25, 2023

What it's the difference between a software project and a service project?

Because I have a service project at the bottom to remove the users from this project I don't have any.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2023

They are different products. Jira Service Management projects are designed for things like help desks and support teams. Jira Software is designed for Development teams working on software. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events