How can I prevent the reporter from being assigned as "Anonymous"

Adam LaCoste May 2, 2023

How can I prevent the reporter from being assigned as "Anonymous"?  

1 answer

0 votes
Dam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2023

Hi, 

By default in Jira, the reporter is a list of users that have a licence to access the product (logged users) and also the proper permission on projects to be able to create issues... 

I would like to have a bit more context on your problem here please :

• how issues are created? directly in jira UI ? using outside form and/or apis? 
  • check your permissions on impacted project for anonymous access: Anonymous access to create issues in a project
  • check your workflow on impacted project: maybe there is a post function on create transition that edits the reporter field... 

I hope this helps a bit, let me know ;) 

Dam.

Adam LaCoste May 2, 2023

Hi @Dam , Issues are created directly from the UI.  I see nothing associated with an option to toggle Anonymous reporter in the permissions.  There are no workflows postscripts that point to an Anonymous reporter.

I believe the current issue is coming from the Scheduler plugin but I would like to prevent any user (plugins included) from opting to "Anonymous".

Dam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2023

@Adam LaCoste what is the app that you are using exactly please? do you have a link to the app on marketplace please ? 

Maybe there is some online doc about the app configuration and you can find some infos there ;) 

Dam.

Adam LaCoste May 2, 2023

Hi @Dam - "The Scheduler" is the name of the app.  That said, I am interested in finding a solution on a higher level because Users can also opt to select "Anonymous" as a Reporter.  I feel if I can put preventative measure for all then that would also solve "The Scheduler" issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events