How can I move one team managed project with all backlog items under another team managed project?

Prachi Karlekar June 7, 2022

How can I move one team managed project with all backlog items under another team managed project as Sub Project? 

E.g I have Master Project A ..

and have multiple projects ( A1, A2 , A3) distributed across our instance . 

I would like to achieve below 

Master Project A 

- Project A1 

- Project A2 

2 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

HI Prachi - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Team-managed projects are completely independent of each other. And therefore, they cannot be linked in any way. 

Prachi Karlekar June 8, 2022

Thanks. Do we have this option for company managed Project ? or can you suggest any alternatives ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2022

Jira does not have any concept of nested projects.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2022

You can use Advanced Roadmaps to combine your projects into a single view. That is the closest you will be able to come to it. 

Like Alex Ortiz likes this
1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Jira does not have any concept of nested projects.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events