How can I customize my notifications?

Nick Roosevelt August 23, 2022

I get so many email notifications. I want to at least prevent notifications for actions that I take. That is just silly. It takes more time to delete those than it does to do the action! And I want to make sure I only get notifications for items that I created or I am assigned to. Not really sure if I am getting all of those or not, since I get so many.

2 answers

0 votes

Hmm. I guess the issue with things I do is that it is through the automation for jira account and that sends me notifications. I don't really want those for things I am assigned to. I guess I do want those about things I reported. And I do kinda want other things from things I am assigned to. But the issue is that a lot of messages are from automation that I did.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2022

Hello @Nick Roosevelt 

In Jira click on your avatar and select Personal Settings. There is a section for the email settings you can control. This does include disabling email notifications for actions you take.

Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 8.53.57 AM.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2022

@Nick Roosevelt 

For the Automation Rules which of the following is used for the Actor

- "Automation for Jira"

- a specific user, but not you

- the user that triggered the rule

It makes sense if you get emails for the first two, but I would expect you to not get emails for the third if you unchecked "You make changes to the issue"

Right. But most of the messages are that automation for jira, but was actually me doing the thing that triggered the automation to take the action.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2022

What are some examples of something that gets triggered? And what is your relationship to the issue? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events