How can I create multi workflows in a classic business project.

Yoav Friedman February 7, 2021

How can I create multi workflows in a classic business project.?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2021

Hi @Yoav Friedman 

By design a Business project board will not work with multiple workflows in a single workflow scheme. You would need to migrate to a Classic Software project if you need to do that.

Having said that, there Atlassian is working on some modifications to the Business project function that will allow a list of issues to interact with, sort of like a Queue. But that is still in development. And the board would still not work with the multiple workflows. 

Hey John,
Thanks for replying:)

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2021

just as you would for software projects. Here is a quick guide...

1. project settings
  2. workflows
  3. add workflow (existing, create one from scratch, copy and edit)
  4. associate the new WF to one or more Issuetype 

overview-of-jira-cloud-workflows 

When I add another workflow it "breaks" the board and doesnt show it when I go to the "board".

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 7, 2021

True. If you wish to use a board you can create a full featured Kanban board and set to your profile as the location rather than the project and add a shortcut in the sidebar of the project.

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 7, 2021

Hello @Yoav Friedman 

What do you mean by multi workflow ? A workflow with several status or a workflow by issue type ? 

If so it is possible in those two cases.

Hey Mohamed,
Thanks for the reply.
I mean that I want that all the issues to have more than one workflow.
I have sub tasks that need to be on worfflow A and some that I want on workflow B.

When I add another workflow it "breaks" the board and doesnt show it when I go to the "board".

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events