How can I create a custom field in Jira user profile to set users out of office?

Tori Griffith May 17, 2023

I am looking to create a custom field to set users as out of office so i can create the below rule for automation. 

Jira does not have a built-in feature to automatically reassign issues from one user to another based on the user's availability status or out-of-office status. However, there are a few options you can explore:

1. Jira automation: You can use Jira's automation feature to create a rule that reassigns issues from a user who is marked as "out of office" to another user. To do this, you would need to set up a way to mark users as "out of office" in Jira. This could be done by adding a custom field to user profiles or by using a third-party app that allows users to set their availability status. You can then create a Jira automation rule that triggers when an issue is assigned to an "out of office" user and reassigns the issue to another user. However, this solution would not be able to detect if a user is logged out of Slack.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2023

Hi @Tori Griffith , where did this excerpt come from? URL?

Tori Griffith May 17, 2023

This was from a question i previously asked. Here is the URL. 

Solved: Is there a way to have issues automatically re-ass... (atlassian.com)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events