How can I connect Confluence page to Jira issue with showing labels and status

Елена Елена April 12, 2023

Hello there,

I have a case and want to know how to solve it.

1. I have a description on Confluence page. 

2. I create an issues in Jira and connect the Confluence page to it.

I want to see this issue  at the bottom of the Confluence page with its key, summary, labels, and status. I want to see the issue on the corresponding page, the page I added to the issue.

How can I do it?

Thanks

5 answers

1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2023

Hi @Елена Елена

To add to what @Kishan Sharma said, using the Jira macro will give you the ability to choose all the necessary columns to be shown on the bottom of the page, e.g. summary, labels and status. The Jira Macro is the way to go.

Елена Елена April 13, 2023

How to make adding issue link to Confluence page which is mentioned in this ticket automatically

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2023

Out of the box you can't do that. Perhaps an app from the marketplace would be able to do that, but then again I'm not sure. You need an app to add jira links to the bottom of a page, if it is mentioned inside the page?

I need an app to add jira links with labels to the bottom of a Confluence page, if this Confluence page mentioned inside in jira issue

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2023

@Елена Елена then I would advise you to search the marketplace for such an app https://marketplace.atlassian.com/

1 vote
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 13, 2023

Hi @Елена Елена 

You can use Jira macro through which you can create and display Jira issues on Confluence pages.

Use the Jira macro

To add the Jira macro:

1. When editing, select from the toolbar

2. Find the macro by name and select it

3. Configure it as needed

Let me know if this works for you.

0 votes
Monika Griffin October 22, 2023

No answer here I have the same problem. I search for this:

We created a or multiple Jira-Issues in relation to to a certain confluence page via link issue > confluence page.

On the confluence page in question we would like a jira-report showing all issues with relation to this page. 

Problem: we cannot find the correct query for issues with relation to a confluence page.

The only was seams to be, to use the field "LINK" with an URL instead of the relation "link issue". This is less practical since with "link issue" they link is easier created. 

Is there any way to search for related issues?

0 votes
Елена Елена April 15, 2023

This is what I want

here are 2 options. But issues should be added after connecting the current Confluence page to the issues

FireShot Capture 048 - Edit - Test - Demo Space - Confluence - cashpay3.atlassian.net.png

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 13, 2023

Hi @Елена Елена ,

you can use JIRA issue macro for that (https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-the-jira-issues-macro/). If you need to see just specific fields, my suuggestion is to add a filter based on issue key and define your own columns to display

Immagine.png

Hope this helps,

Fabio

I don't need to get list of issues.

The case: I have a project requirement in Confluence. I have for this requirement a separate page, e.g. Login.

Also I have a jira ticket with Login name. I connect Confluence page with Login description to jira ticket.

The ticket info should be added to the bottom of Confluence page with the Login feature description automatically.

I want to add the ticket info to the Confluence page mentioned in this ticket

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events