How can I add teammate to project?

Hussain Tajmahal April 9, 2023

When I try to add teammate to project. I get this message, "You don't have permission to invite people to Jira Software. Contact your admin for more information."

2 answers

0 votes
YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2023

Hi @Hussain Tajmahal 

Please check & try

Product -> User access settings -> User Invites -> 

for JWM, you might select the option of existing user permission of Don't allow invites:

Xnip2023-10-06_22-35-08.jpg

You could change this option to others and you will not get that error.

0 votes
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2023

Hi @Hussain Tajmahal and welcome!

To add a teammate to a Jira Project, you need to be in the "Administrator" role of the Project.

To add a teammate to your Jira instance, you need to be a Site Admin. Go to your site's Admin page at admin.atlassian.com to try to see if you are a Site Admin. Otherwise, you need to contact your Site Admin to have your teammate added to Jira. Then you can see if you are in the "Administrator" role of the Project, to add that teammate to the Project.

HTH,
KGM

Hussain Tajmahal April 9, 2023

Hi @Kristján Geir Mathiesen - thanks.

I am both the administrator and site admin per the link you shared. I am not sure why I get the error message.

Like Kristján Mathiesen likes this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 9, 2023

Oh, ok @Hussain Tajmahal  At what URL are you when you get that message?

Can you maybe provide a screen shot of the error message?

Thanks,
KGM

Hussain Tajmahal April 10, 2023

jira_error.jpg

nb0 April 20, 2023

Are you adding the user from within a Jira Work Management project, or a Jira Software one?  I see the same error in JWM, but if instead I select Jira Software in the toolbar, then Teams>Invite People, the dialogue shows more options.  And instead of showing that error, it completes my request to send an invitation.

This is not normal behaviour, it worked from within our JWM project a month ago.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events