Hot to share issue type Workflow between multiple projects ?

Mahmoud Ahmed August 14, 2022

I have created a workflow for issue type ( Bug, TC ..etc ) on one project 
and i want to share that work flow across all projects we have , 
I can't find a way to do it without having to create the same workflow for each project from scratch . Does any one have a solution for this .. thanks 

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Is your project company or team managed?  (Look to the bottom left of the page when you are in the project)

If it is team managed, you are stuck, they are not built for sharing and their workflows have to be built within each one independently (one of many reasons I tell people not to bother using them - they're not ready for enterprise use yet)

For a company managed project, your workflow exists as a global entity and you can use the "workflow scheme" for any project to tell the project "for this issue type, use this workflow in this project", so it's just a case of editing your workflow schemes when you want to share a workflow.

yes you are right , It's a team managed unfortunately 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2022

I'm afraid you are stuck then.  Team-managed projects don't have shareable workflows (yet)

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2022

Hi @Mahmoud Ahmed ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

You can share a workflow just using it in the workflow schemes of your projects. This approach is valid for company managed projects.

Fabio

How can i do that ? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events