Hi, I need my team members to only view certain projects. How should I do that?

Kunal Kashelani
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 31, 2020

I'm currently using free version and any new project I create is visible to all my team members, which is something I don't want. Thank you :)

2 answers

2 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 31, 2020

Hi @Kunal Kashelani

welcome to the Atlassian Community! Your statement is very true because:

You can't edit project permissions or roles on the Free plan for Jira Software or Jira Core, and you can't configure issue-level security on any Free plan (including Jira Service Management).
To take advantage of Jira's powerful project permission management features, upgrade your plan.

Doing so you could use a Permission Scheme to restrict what users can see and do in your Cloud site.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-project-permissions/

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 31, 2020

Hi @Kunal Kashelani ,

Welcome to the community!

If you want to hide the projects from few people then you need to edit the permission 'browse projects". That only be possible if you will upgrade your plan not in the free one.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events