HR Project and submitting forms

jonathank January 5, 2022

Hi Community,

I have set up a HR Project which only management have access to. I would like to use a form to allow all users to submit information to this project but not have access to the issues within. 

ie: Only management can see contents but all staff can submit the form (create issues)

Is there a way to do this?

I added the security of "Create issue" to  be Application access "Any logged in user" but this doesn't seem to fix it.

Thank you!

3 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2022

Hi Jonathan,

Did you get this figured out? I believe that issue level security would solve your problem if it still exists. 

0 votes
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2022

Hey @jonathank 

In case if you have created the project via Business template offered by Jira Work Management(JWM) then there is a Form option please check out that if it is what you were looking at. KB link for same https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/resources/

Regards,

Vishwas

jonathank January 6, 2022

Thanks Vishwas, I ill look into that.

This one is set up as a Service Management as that is where the template was. I may need to recreate it using JWM instead

Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2022

Hey @jonathank 

If you already setup JSM(Jira Service Management) project also fine, usually JSM projects have customer portal hence whoever raises request will be able to see their requests in portal. And from the agent view only certain users can be added to work on those requests. 

Since it's a HR project it should be confidential rite. So you can apply security levels to the tickets so that whoever raises the ticket, assignee and a group of people only can see that. You may have to start looking at "Issue security Scheme" of Jira.

Regards,

Vishwas

0 votes
Piyush_Annadate January 5, 2022

Hi,
There would be create permission vs browse permission  But a user is required to have a browse permission then only it depends on the create issue permission to create the issue.

You can create a additional project which would copy the issue from project A (shown to user) to project B  (for the HR)

jonathank January 6, 2022

Thanks Piyush, I will investigate this option. I am sure I am just overlooking something. I dont believe a HR project would be accessible to everyone normally. 

Piyush_Annadate January 6, 2022

Yes, confidential data matters. We had the same issue (not for HR module, but for Customer module) - We sync'd the issue to another project as when created in the customer project.

Check with the JSM - wherein the use won't have access to backend tickets than view ticket (form)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events