Get a report to show for a user with no permission over a project

Asparuh Georgiev December 6, 2021

Hello, I am using Jira Cloud, mix of Jira Software and Jira Service Management.
I am trying to do the following:
I have ProjectA (either JS or JSM) and ProjectB (either JS or JSM),also the respective usersA and usersB.
I would like for usersB to be able to view and/or get a filter, board, report that contains certain information from projectA without them being able to view the project itself. Example: I am from usersA and want to user JQL filter that searches for specific issues in projectB but I shouldn't be able to view any data from projectB.

I have tried with View Aggregated Data but I can't seem to make it work :(
Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2021

Hi Asparuh,

When you grant a user browse project permissions, it gives them access to the issues within the project. So you can't grant a user permissions to see some information about the project without granting them access to the issues themselves with out of the box Jira

There are some third party options for Dashboards that might allow you to show aggregated data. 

Asparuh Georgiev December 7, 2021

Thanks for confirming @John Funk , have you by any chance used the View Aggregated Data permission ?
I was hoping that it could be used in some way :) 

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events