Freshdesk Jira plus app formatting problem

Florin Florea May 14, 2021

Hello,

I'm currently using Freshdesk with the "Atlassian Jira plus" app installed so we can create Jira issues from Freshdesk tickets.

The biggest problem with this app is that the text formatting from Freshdesk is completely gone once it reaches Jira. The text is nicely split in paragraphs in Freshdesk but in Jira it ends up as a block of text.

The Freshdesk support says the problem is from Jira, in how it handles the html coming from them.

Anyone else encountered this problem and know any solutions?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2021

@Florin Florea Welcome to the Atlassian community.  Freshdesk I assume is using Jira's API to push the information over.  The API only supports Jira's markup and HTML would be ignored.  I am not aware of any solution other than parsing it before sending it over and the Freshdesk dev team would need to do that.

Carsten Schwartz Nielsen November 26, 2021

You mention Jira's markup. I have tried to insert \\\\ on the Feshdesk side to get two linebreaks and that is just formatted so I ended up gettting the string '\\\\' instead.

Is there any way to insert raw formatting?

Have tried the 'insert code' too, that does not work either.

Using the formatting codes from:

https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=all

Carsten Schwartz Nielsen November 26, 2021

Have had some kind of reaction when I use {noformat}\\\\{/noformat}:

LineShiftHell.jpg

The black areas contains ares i have hidden after the fact for secirity reasons. This is not a useful solution but inserts something that can be used as lineshifts. :-|

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events