Filter by Label

Tracy Jones Martin June 7, 2022

I want to use the Filter By drop down menu on my Company-managed business board to only see Issues with a certain label.  The filtering appears to NOT work when there is more than one label.  Is there a solution to this?

2 answers

0 votes

The Filter by works in List view, but not Board or Timeline views.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

Hi Tracy,

Can you provide some examples of what is not working and what you hope to see? 

See image for what I'm trying to do.  I select a custom filter and hit apply, but then none of the issues are filtered out to show only those with this label.  These particularly issues do have more than one label, so is that a problem with the filtering? filter.jpg

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

There's no image attached - can you add that?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2022

Okay, I think I understand better. But it sounds like you are using a Jira Work Management project (Business project) and not a Jira Software projec.t 

Having said that, if you select multiple labels, then you say it doesn't work? Meaning it shows no issues? But it does for the List view? 

No, I'm just trying to select a single label to get the filter to work. But nothing is filtered out.

Actually some labels filter fine and some do not, the problem is not just related to the issues that have two labels like I initially thought.  :(

Though, I did try changing the label order (for issues that have two labels) to see if that made a difference in the filtering and it did not. 

The filtering works in the List view. 

It does not in the Board view (as shown in the screenshot above) or Timeline view.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2022

I suspect there might be a bug in the filter for the Board and Timeline views. I would submit a support ticket to Atlassian. Please post back here with the resolution. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Like Melia Beasley likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events