Filter Board User List ?

Esteban Halabi September 21, 2022

HI everyone, I have the following request from a client. This is for Jira Software Cloud (scrum board)

(I apologize but I do not know what to call it) Right next to the search box, there's a dropdown select with all the users in the project. (next to the quick filters)

The idea we're going after is: 

When I apply a quick filter for the board, we would like for that dropdown select list to only show the users from that filter/group (meaning for example, the assignees for the group of tickets we're filtering for)

We do see them change in the little icons for the users below the dropdown but those are not clickable.

Is there a way to make that dropdown list display only a specific set of users and not all the ones in the board?

The fun part is that for some reason we've seen that dropdown change, just, not matching the desired users, and there's no reason it's doing it, and as suddenly as it does it you change to any other filters and it goes back to displaying all users again, turn whatever filter was on at that time and nothing still showing all users. So we're just confused, is that a bug?

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

Hi Esteban,

What type of project are you using? Team-managed? Company-managed? Jira Work Management? 

Can you share a screen shot of your board? Please block out any sensitive information. 

Esteban Halabi September 26, 2022

Screenshot (222).png

Hi John, it's a Software, company managed, Scrum. The icons/avatars with the dropdown list that I'm referring to is the one between the search box and the quick filters.

Ideally I'd want the ability to (with filters per teams) change who is displayed in that list.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2022

My understanding is that the list is people who are currently assigned an issue on the board. It would make no sense to show someone to filter by that doesn't have any issues on the board. 

Esteban Halabi September 28, 2022

Yes, but. We're trying to filter even more to say. Okay out of these 50 people...only 10 are devs..so If I want to see the tickets for only the devs and have only those 10 people show up in the dropdwon. 

Is there a way?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2022

Well, that's the point with the people filter - if there is no avatar for them, then there are no tickets for them. So why would you want to try to see their tickets on the board when they have none? 

Now, having said that, if this is a Company-managed project, you can create a Quick Filter that includes all 10 of the Devs. Then it would only show tickets assigned to those Devs. Then you could further filter down to an individual Dev by clicking on his or her avatar. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events