Field after field

Petr A November 16, 2020

Hi there!
Do you think it is possible to make the fields appear when you gradually fill out the task form? For example, he fills in up to a question with a status - after that it becomes possible to fill in the rest of the fields?

I think this is difficult to do without using plugins that change the shell of the system.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2020

Hi Petr,

I can at least confirm your assumption that it will not be possible to fulfill the requirement only using built-in functionality. I know at least that there are recommendations for Apps around here in Community that can do something like this (but they need payment, they are not free).

I assume you want to have this functionality to provide a cleaner screen to your users, am I right?

Cheers,
Daniel

Petr A November 23, 2020

Hi @Daniel Ebers 
Yes, you are right! 
I would like to have a screen with several fields, if I select one, it will entail opening several more - like the Field Tree.

But at the same time, third-party applications change the creation screen, as far as I understand, quite a lot, and I would not want to build my work on plugins that may stop working sooner or later.

Do you know if Atlassion has any tasks on this issue?

Regards, 
Petr

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2020

I seriously doubt it - there will not be in-built functionality.
Something that is often mentioned when this requirement is up is Pro Forma.
But you will probably find many others in Marketplace.

I see the considerations about Apps you have done, they are valid, the decision is up to you but the functions you asked for are not built into the >core<.
You surely can do a lot of things with Automation in Cloud but the mechanism is: trigger -> execution (with different option to tune this). Probably not what you are looking for in that sense - except you would adjust the requirement (fundamental).

Petr A November 23, 2020

@Daniel Ebers 
Yes, it would be great to add automation for the stage of creating a issue, but it seems to be impossible at the moment, since there are already a lot of tasks, such as the impossibility of copying attachments between projects and others.
Well, it's a shame, in fact it would be very convenient through the built-in functionality.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events