Exporting to excel

Hulya Ozdil April 4, 2023

I want to learn how to export a selection of issue lists from Backlog to an Excel file.

2 answers

2 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

Hi @Hulya Ozdil 

Welcome to the community !!

Other way is to write your own JQL query in Filters -> Advanced issue search page and then click Export button.

Hulya Ozdil April 6, 2023

Thank you for the suggestion, but the identifier was not correctly entered for all issues. It will not be a shortcut, but I might have to go through it manually after following the Filter Selection. 

2 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 4, 2023

@Hulya Ozdil 

One option you can consider is using Better Excel Exporter's Excel export option that you can access right from the Jira Backlog view. The built-in Excel export option is not available on the backlog view, you would need to collect your desired issues in the Issue Navigator.

20211027-better-excel-exporter-backlog-export.png

This hands-on tutorial (article+video) shows you exactly how to export a list of issues from the Jira backlog to Excel.

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

Hulya Ozdil April 6, 2023

Thank you, I will ask the IT department to see if it is something they would do. 

Like Levente Szabo _Midori_ likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events