Error when uploading tests - Reporter can not be set

David Schellenberger December 1, 2021

I'm trying to upload some test cases into Jira using Zephyr.  The spreadsheet verifies fine but when it tries to create the tests I get.

Master Row : 1, Sheet Name : Tests, Error Message : Error while creating issue : {"reporter":"Field 'reporter' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."}

I've tried changing my  access levels on the project, which hasn't solved the issue.  I've been able to upload the spreadsheet to a different project as well.  So I'm assuming it's some setting on the project itself, but I have no idea which one.  Others have also tried uploading the spreadsheet and get the same error.

Any help in solving this would be great.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2021

Hi @David Schellenberger

welcome to the Atlassian Community.

I don't know much about zephyr, but I've used the Jira APIs enough to give you more background on this error.

The error message tells you that the field reporter is not on the appropriate screen. The rest of the error tells you that it can't create an issue. Therefore you should check the create screen of your project if it contains the reporter field. If that's not the case, you'd obviously need to add it.

In order to edit screens, you need to be a Jira administrator.

Cheers,
Matthias.

David Schellenberger December 2, 2021

Hi @Matthias Gaiser _K15t_,

Thanks for the reply.  The Reporter field is on the Issue and I can create a test manually without any issues.  I've tried adding the field into the spreadsheet as well, and when mapping, I can see it listed there.  The field is usually auto assigned to the person doing the upload, which works fine when I'm uploading it to another project.  Which makes me believe it's something in this one project.

I hope this helps

Thanks

David

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2021

Hi David,

I'm afraid I can't help much then but point you to the actual zephyr support team. I guess, you'll get more directed help over there.

Cheers,
Matthias.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events