Epic link field values are missing in all the projects

ManuMR March 23, 2023

We have linked epic for most all the story and tasks in most of the project but it does not reflect most of the the issues. Please find the screenshot for your reference.

Epic link .png

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023

Hello @ManuMR 

Are these projects Company Managed or Team Managed? That info will be shown at the bottom of the navigation panel on the left.

Are these Software, Service, or Work Management projects?

When you go to the Epic that you believe this issue is linked to, do you see this issue listed as a child of the Epic?

ManuMR March 23, 2023

Hi @Trudy Claspill I have attached both the screenshot of the issue Epic and child issue of the same epic but epic link field values are not reflecting. We are have using Company Managed Projects and this are software service projects.

Epic Screenshot 

MI epic .png

Child issue screenshot of the same epic 

MI child issue .png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023

I wonder if you may have ended up with more than one custom field named "Epic Link".

Can you go to the Custom Fields page and search for Epic Link and share the results?

Screen Shot 2023-03-23 at 12.52.59 PM.png

ManuMR March 23, 2023

Hi @Trudy Claspill 

If it is the case then how can we role back all the epic link values into all our project it should display epic link vale in all the projects.

Epic custom.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2023

I have not previously seen two Epic Link fields where both appear to be system defined vs. one having been manually created by a Jira Admin.

Did you do any sort of merging of instances or importing of projects into this instance?

I advise you to open a case directly with Atlassian Support to get the correct solution for this issue. And it would be wonderful if you can post back here what you learn from them.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Like Kelly Arrey likes this
ManuMR March 23, 2023

Hi @Trudy Claspill 

We didn't merge or import any instance to our project.

Thanks for the support will log a case.  

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 20, 2023

Hello @ManuMR 

Did Atlassian Support provide any information that you can share with us about root cause and how to fix it?

It would be great if you could share that information. I recently saw another post where somebody else also had two "Epic Link (locked)" fields.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Epic-Link-field-appears-twice/qaq-p/2334814

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events